Cancellation by the Customer
The following applies when a customer has booked an event and would like to cancel it. All amounts retained reflect the costs incurred by School Space in booking, organising and preparing venues.
If you have to cancel your event, the organiser must contact School Space in writing, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the event, or cancel through your bookings account.
The cancellation policy below does not apply to any holiday camps. Please refer to our cancellation policy here if you are holding a holiday camp.
Cancellation in August 2020 due to COVID-19:
- If School Space has to cancel your booking because a School is closed down due to COVID-19, we will cancel your bookings during this planned closure and you will not be charged.
- If you wish to cancel your August 2020 booking:
- You can cancel free of charge if you give us at least 2 calendar weeks notice.
- Less than 2 calendar weeks notice - 100% cancellation fee charged
If you cancel your one-off booking, the following charges apply:
- More than 14 working days before your event - Deposit retained
- Between 14 & 7 working days before your event - 50% of event costs retained
- Up to & including 7 working days before your event - Full event cost retained
If you choose to end your event, or leave the facility before your agreed booking period ends, there will be no refund.
At the sole discretion of School Space; if a cancellation has resulted in your deposit being retained, the deposit can be carried over to future bookings with School Space.
If you cancel one or more of the sessions of your regular booking, the following charges apply:
- 2 - 7 days before your event - 50% of one event's cost retained.
- Less than 2 days before your event - full cost of one event retained.
In addition to the charges above, if you cancel or make changes to a session within 30 days of that session, a £30 administration fee may be charged. If more than £30 in cancellation charges already apply, the administration fee will not be charged.
If your entire regular booking is cancelled before the booking has started, the rolling deposit will be retained.
Cancellation by the School/School Space
The following applies when a customer has booked an event and School Space needs to cancel it.
Although we work as hard as possible to avoid cancellations by the school, it is in the nature of regular bookings that school events, particularly exams, do come first. We endeavour to provide as much warning as possible about these cancellations (particularly annual exam ‘seasons’) both at the time of arranging and throughout the year. However, if last minute cancellations occur, we recognise this is an inconvenience and do our best to address it.
We aim to provide at least two week’s notice. If notice is less than 7 days, we offer the following discounts:
- Up to, and including, 7 days before your event - 50% off a future session
- Less than 48 hours before your event - One free future session
NB: A customer will never have to pay for an event cancelled by the School or School Space.
Last edited: 2nd July 2020