This policy outlines the roles and responsibility of School Space and Customers to ensure that community lettings can run in the safest way possible. All customers must agree and adhere to this COVID-19 Lettings Policy. Please read this policy carefully and take the time to formulate your own plan as to how you will run sessions safely in school facilities. Your usage may be spot checked by our team or the school, and it must adhere to the following requirements.
Current recommendations around COVID-19 and social distancing include keeping at least 2m separation between people when out in public.
School Space Community Connectors will ensure that social distance is always observed between themselves and a customer, as well as between different customer groups. Our staff will also ensure that each booking will be allocated one set of toilets where possible for the duration of their booking and we ask that customers only use their designated toilet.
It is each lead customer’s responsibility to ensure that social distance is observed with their attendees and anyone associated with their booking on site. Customers must accept this responsibility before attending the site, and School Space will work with customers to advise them on how to make this possible in the spaces they use. This may include restricting class sizes in order to ensure that there is at least 2 metres separation between members, capping classes at a certain set number based on room size, and allowing access on a first-come, first-served basis. Customers may also want to consider marking (removable) spots on the floor to reinforce 2 metres separation between members.
- All customers are required to wait outside the school building for their session, where a School Space Community Connector will collect them and see them to their space. This applies in all weather conditions to avoid gathering in entrances.
- Customers will be asked to clean their hands using hand sanitiser or using the nearest toilet on the way in, which may result in a different access route being used.
- Our Community Connectors will prop open doors where possible to allow customers to move through the building without touching any surfaces.
- For lettings using drop off and pick up, only those using the space are allowed in any school buildings.
- Parents and/or guardians doing drop off or pick up must wait outside, maintaining a 2m distance at all times.
- A Community Connector will meet the customer in their space at the end of their session, and see them out of the building.
During your letting:
- Each letting group will act as a “bubble”. Please ensure all members of the bubble remain with their group and do not interact with others on site.
- We strongly recommend that customers use face covering when accessing shared spaces (e.g. toilets).
- Where a letting is indoors, we advise that windows are open to increase ventilation.
- Customers must bring their own antibacterial hand sanitiser and wipes for use during their letting.
- We ask that customers bring their own water bottles instead of drinking directly from water stations. Water access is available to fill up these bottles.
- Any equipment used must be pre-agreed (once again) with School Space. Equipment must not be shared between ‘bubbles’.
- When this equipment use is agreed, customers must bring appropriate cleaning materials to disinfect the items used at the end of their session.
Cleaning and maintenance:
- School Space will identify touch points, such as door handles and taps, for each specific space and ensure that these are cleaned with disinfectant before and after any customers attend the site.
- School Space staff will check toilets before each letting, to ensure there is an adequate supply of soap and paper towels.
- If customers are using any pre-agreed equipment, they must ensure that it is wiped down with disinfectant at the end of their session.
Suspected cases of COVID-19
We ask that anyone who falls within the clinically vulnerable or extremely clinically vulnerable group will be advised to stay at home. In addition to this, anyone who has displayed symptoms within the last seven days, or lives with someone who has displayed symptoms within the last fourteen days, must not attend the site. This includes if the person displaying symptoms receives a negative result to the test.
We ask all customers and staff to remain alert to the symptoms of COVID-19 and take the following action should they develop either a fever, a persistent cough or lose their sense of smell and taste whilst on site.
- The individual must leave the School site immediately. If they are awaiting collection, they must wait outdoors in isolation from others.
- The customer must report this incident to School Space immediately via one of our Community Connector team or phone, using our on-call number.
- The rest of their ‘bubble’ will be expected to self-isolate for 14 days and will not be able to visit the School during this time.
- The areas used by this bubble will be blocked off until a deep clean can be undertaken. This includes:
- The access route taken by the group
- The space(s) used by the group
- The toilets associated with these spaces
- Any equipment agreed for use for this group
As hirer of the school premises, I agree to the following whilst on site:
- Maintaining social distancing at all times, particularly from any other users, School Space staff, or School staff on site.
- Putting measures in place to ensure that my entire activity/session is run in a socially distanced fashion so far as is possible, including avoiding gathering of any attendees and parents picking up students during pick up and drop off times.
- Ensuring that my activity is run according to all current government and/or governing body guidelines.
- Ensuring that I bring my own antibacterial hand sanitiser and disinfectant wipes for use during my letting, and that these are used to sanitise any School equipment used.
- Ensuring that each of my attendees is aware of this responsibility and they have been briefed on this policy, but particularly;
- That they should not attend site if they have any symptoms of the virus
- That should they develop symptoms having attended the school site they inform you, the organiser, immediately
- The need for them to social distance
- The importance of hand-washing regularly
- The need to travel to the venue safely, avoiding public transport if possible
- That they should bring their own water bottles rather than using water stations at the school
- Ensuring that I am aware that should anyone display symptoms on site they should leave the site immediately and School Space should be informed.
You can find a copy of our COVID-19 Risk Assessment here
Last updated: 26th August 2020