We charge 20% deposit for all camps, this is due immediately to confirm the booking. If you go ahead with your booking and no T&Cs are broken, then this will be refunded to you. If you decide to cancel your camp booking, this deposit will be retained.
We work on a 4 week payment and cancellation period. You will receive an invoice for the full booking amount with your booking confirmation. The payment of this invoice, however, can be separated into two tranches:
- 20% deposit for all camps due immediately to confirm booking
- 50% of the total booking cost will be due at least 4 weeks prior to the start of the camp.
- Remaining 50% of the total booking cost will be due at least 2 weeks prior to the start of the camp.
Cancellation by customer
- If you cancel with more than 4 weeks notice, we retain your deposit
- If you cancel with 4 weeks notice, we retain 50% of your total booking cost.
- If you cancel with 2 weeks notice, we retain 100% of your total booking cost
If you are cancelling due to government guidance around COVID-19 or an localised outbreak, you will not be charged cancellation fees.
All outstanding invoices must be paid at the time of cancellation. All amounts retained reflect the costs incurred by School Space in booking, organising and preparing venues.
If you have to cancel your event, the organiser must contact School Space in writing, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the event. Your cancellation is not confirmed until you have received a confirmation email from a School Space staff member.
Cancellation by School or School Space
The following applies when a customer has booked an event and School Space needs to cancel it.
Although we work as hard as possible to avoid cancellations by the school, it is in the nature of regular bookings that school events, particularly exams, do come first. We endeavour to provide as much warning as possible about these cancellations (particularly annual exam ‘seasons’) both at the time of arranging and throughout the year. However, if last minute cancellations occur, we recognise this is an inconvenience and do our best to address it.
The customer will be notified in good time about any school closure or future building work/maintenance on the school. We aim to provide at least two week’s notice. If notice is less than 7 days, we offer the following discounts:
- Up to, and including, 7 days before your event - 50% off a future session
- Less than 48 hours before your event - One free future session
If School Space has to cancel your booking due to government guidance around COVID-19 or a localised outbreak, please note that the above discounts will not be offered.
NB: A customer will never have to pay for an event cancelled by the School or School Space.
Cleaning and Packing Away
Camp staff will clean each day and will move equipment to the side of the space as required. School Space will provide access to schools’ brushes, mops, vacuum cleaners etc, to carry this out.
Last updated: 6th July 2020