Cancellation by the Customer
The following applies when a customer has booked an event and would like to cancel it.
All amounts retained reflect the costs incurred by School Space in booking, organising and preparing venues.
If you have to cancel your event, the organiser must contact School Space in writing, by emailing email@example.com prior to the event. Your cancellation is not confirmed until you have received a confirmation email from a School Space staff member.
If you cancel your one-off booking, the following charges apply:
- More than 14 working days before your event - Deposit retained
- Between 14 & 7 working days before your event - 50% of event costs retained
- Up to & including 7 working days before your event - Full event cost retained
If you choose to end your event, or leave the facility before your agreed booking period ends, there will be no refund.
At the sole discretion of School Space; if a cancellation has resulted in your deposit being retained, the deposit can be carried over to future bookings with School Space.
If you cancel one or more of the sessions of your regular booking, the following charges apply:
- Up to & including 7 working days before your event - 50% of one event's cost retained.
- Less than 48 working hours before your event - full cost of one event retained.
In addition to the charges above, if you cancel or make changes to a session within 30 days of that session, a £30 administration fee may be charged. If more than £30 in cancellation charges already apply, the administration fee will not be charged.
If your entire regular booking is cancelled before the booking has started, the rolling deposit will be retained.
Cancellation by the School/School Space
The following applies when a customer has booked an event and School Space needs to cancel it.
Although we work as hard as possible to avoid cancellations by the school, it is in the nature of regular bookings that school events, particularly exams, do come first. We endeavor to provide as much warning as possible about these cancellations (particularly annual exam ‘seasons’) both at the time of arranging and throughout the year. However, if last minute cancellations occur, we recognise this is an inconvenience and do our best to address it.
We aim to provide at least two week’s notice. If notice is less than 7 days, we offer the following discounts:
- Up to, and including, 7 days before your event - 50% off a future session
- Less than 48 hours before your event - One free future session
NB: A customer will never have to pay for an event cancelled by the School or School Space.