Hire Charges and Deposit Terms
A quote will be provided to confirm the cost of hire. Venues are hired in 15 minute ‘blocks’. Due to staff costs, a £45 minimum spend will be imposed on all hire periods unless exceptions are agreed with the hirer. A £30 Administration Fee may be applied to a booking for the following reasons
- Booking in an event within 30 days
- Making changes to your booking within 30 days
We also reserve the right to refuse booking or amendment requests which have less than 7days notice.
Callouts of School Space staff throughout a letting will be charged at £25/callout unless the venue or service is not of an acceptable standard.
If your booking coincides with a UK bank holiday, Christmas Eve, Boxing Day, or New Year’s Day, the hire fee will be doubled. If your booking coincides with New Year’s Eve, Easter Day, or Christmas Day, then other arrangements can be made with School Space.
We will send in our contracted cleaners for a charge of £80. This is an optional charge for all bookings unless your one-off booking finishes after 18:00 on a holiday or weekend in which case it is compulsory. The venues should always be left in the state that they were found with all large bits of rubbish removed, including rubbish bags, furniture returned to its original place and clean and tidy. Failure to do so may result in loss of deposit even if a cleaning charge has been paid.
All customers are able to arrange a free viewing of the venue, for up to 60 minutes. Any subsequent viewings, or any viewing over 60 minutes, will be charged at £15/viewing or viewing hour.
Deposit loss and reasons for
A deposit will be used as confirmation for all events. Deposits are charged as follows:
- £50 for regular bookings
- £100 for one off events, unless the event value exceeds £500, in which case 20% of the event value is charged as a deposit.
The deposit is separate to the hire fee, rather than included in the price, and is made payable to School Space. All deposits are returned in full after your event or booking ends, unless the following occurs:
- Failure to adhere to our Terms & Conditions
- Failing to adhere to or actively going against our Terms and Conditions will result in loss of deposit.
Any damage to the school or equipment within it, including loss of equipment.
If School Space staff provided have to undertake any unreasonable amounts of cleaning (for example spillages, kitchens left in an unacceptable state, or furniture not returned to original set up), then their time will be charged for. This is usually £50 per area, unless cleaning time exceeds one hour.
As stated above, it is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure all attendees of their event leave the facility promptly, and that all set up and take down costs are included in the booking times stated.
- If you do not leave the facility on time, charges will be incurred.
- If you do not vacate the facility at your end time the facility will be charged at 3 times the normal price of the hall at the time you are hiring it (please see rate card for more details). We charge in 15 minute increments and so any over-running will immediately incur 15 minutes at this charge.
- If you are over 15 minutes late leaving the facility you will also incur a £30 administration fee.
- If School Space staff have to wait an unreasonable length of time at either the beginning or end of the booking, we will charge a £25 call-out fee for their time.
Please find below the pricing structure for our hires. If you would like to hire outside of the hours stated below, please enquire for details.
Standard rates apply to:
- 5pm-10pm: Monday-Friday
- 8am-6pm: Saturday-Sunday
Premium rates apply to one-off bookings:
- 6pm-10pm: Saturday, Sunday
- 8am-10pm: Bank holidays
The premium rates are as follows:
|Time:||6pm - 10pm|
|Saturday||Standard rate x2|
|Sunday||Standard rate x2|
|Bank Holidays||Standard rate x2||Standard rate x2|
|Christmas Eve||Standard rate x2||Standard rate x4|
|Christmas Day||Standard rate x3||Standard rate x3|
|New Year's Eve||Standard rate x2||Standard rate x4|
|New Year's Day||Standard rate x2||Standard rate x2|
|Easter Sunday||Standard rate x3||Standard rate x3|
Please see our Cancellation Policy for more information.